When you ride your motorcycle, you’re extremely vulnerable to the dangerous effects of other drivers’ negligence. Because there is nothing to protect you from the impact of a motorcycle accident, your physical, financial, and emotional losses can be immense.
If you or someone you care about have been injured in a motorcycle accident — or worse, suffered an injury due to another motorist’s negligence — it’s time to seek the professional legal counsel of an experienced St. Louis motorcycle accident lawyer.
We Handle Every Variety of Motorcycle Accident
At Walton Telken Injury Attorneys, we represent people who have been injured in every type of motorcycle accident, including those that involve the following:
- Cars, including rideshare cars
- Other motorcycles
- Drunk drivers
- Faulty vehicles or faulty vehicle parts
- Accidents that lead to death
Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are so dangerous that they can lead to virtually any kind of serious injury, including deadly injuries. Some of the most common include:
- Broken bones
- Road rash, which refers to the cuts, abrasions, and burns sustained when dragged across the road and that – when on or near the face – can be disfiguring
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Internal injuries
Staying Safe On Your Motorcycle
When you’re on your bike, the risks are so great that it’s important to take every safety precaution, including:
- Remembering that far too many motorists fail to implement due diligence and watch for motorcyclists in their midst, which makes it important to proceed as if drivers can’t see you
- Avoiding other motorists’ blind spots
- Wearing a well-fitting motorcycle helmet that meets all the safety requirements
- Obeying the speed limit and all the rules of the road
- Keeping in mind that you’re more vulnerable to the dangerous effects of bad weather and proceed accordingly
The Motorcycle Helmet Laws in St. Louis
Since 2020, only the following motorcyclists are required by law to wear helmets in Missouri:
- Those who are 25 years old and younger
- Those who are issued an instruction permit – regardless of age
Other motorists can forego the requirement as long as they carry the necessary health insurance. All motorcyclists are, nonetheless, strongly encouraged to wear a helmet every time they ride.
Turn to a Well-Established Motorcycle Injury Law Firm for the Legal Guidance You Need
The practiced St. Louis motorcycle accident attorneys at Walton Telken Injury Attorneys are committed to employing the full force of their impressive legal skill in their focused efforts to obtain the compensation to which you are entitled.
We are on your side and here to help. Don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us for more information today at 314-441-7133.
Motorcycle Accident FAQs
How can a motorcycle accident attorney help?
Your dedicated motorcycle accident attorney will pour all the necessary resources, legal skills, and experience into building your strongest claim and advocating for your rightful compensation.
Can I afford a motorcycle accident attorney?
At Walton Telken Injury Attorneys, we help to ensure that our clients can afford our experienced legal guidance by making our pay contingent upon their settlements. In other words, if you aren’t compensated, we don’t get paid.
How long do I have to file a motorcycle accident case?
In Missouri, you have five years from the date of the injury-causing accident to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party.