IT’S THAT TIME OF YEAR!
We should all be preparing for Inclement weather! Make sure to take extra precautions when driving in these conditions. Here are some tips we found according to the Illinois Department of Transportation.• Always wear a seat belt. It’s the law in Illinois.
• Slow down. Slower speeds, slower acceleration, slower steering and slower braking all are required in winter driving conditions.
• Drop it and drive. Put down the handheld devices – it, too, is the law in Illinois.
• Don’t crowd the plow. A snowplow operator’s field of vision is restricted. You may see them, but they may not see you.
• Prepare an emergency kit that contains jumper cables, flares or reflectors, windshield washer fluid, a small ice scraper, traction material, blankets, non-perishable food and a first-aid kit.
• Carry a cell phone and a car charger in case of emergency.
• Follow Scott’s Law. Slow down and move over for stopped emergency, construction and maintenance vehicles.
You can read more about the DOT’s winter safety tips by following this link: