Injured at Work in O’Fallon, Missouri?
It’s always a possibility, but you don’t always consider it. As you head to the office or other types of workplace environments, you could be injured. Regardless of the safety precautions, your employer has implemented or the steps you take to avoid injury, it can happen anywhere from a cubicle to a construction zone to a steel plant and everywhere in between.
In fact, there is another type of side effect that sometimes happens at the workplace, and although it isn’t always the case, it can happen without your knowledge or without you contributing to any damage in any way. Occupational diseases or illnesses can happen anywhere, anytime.
- If you have inhaled asbestos, you may contract the lung disease asbestosis (which doctors can treat, but not cure), or even develop pleura cancer, also known as mesothelioma.
- In nature, you can see silica as quartz, sand, and sandstone; if you inhale dust that contains silica, you might develop another type of lung disease called silicosis, which is incurable.
- Lead poisoning results from inhaling lead – even small amounts can contribute to or cause serious side effects, including memory and concentration difficulties, headaches, high blood pressure, reduced sperm count, and pregnancy complications such as stillbirth and miscarriage.
- Inhalation of anything not intended to be inhaled by humans may cause irreparable damage.
- If you work around heavy (and loud) machinery all day, every day, you may eventually suffer some degree of hearing loss, which may be permanent.
- Agricultural workers are at a particular risk of developing skin ailments or disorders such as any sort of dermatitis (when you have come in contact with a skin irritant or allergen). You may also develop skin disorders due to heat, cold, or exposure to chemicals.
You May Be Eligible to Receive Missouri Workers’ Compensation Benefits
Did you know that if you have suffered injuries at work, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation? It’s a type of benefit that comes from your employer, and it’s meant to restore you back to health so that you are able to come back to work. The process starts when you file a claim after you get injured. Some employers deny employee’s workers’ comp benefits, but if that happens to you, we can help! On-the-job injuries should never be a reason for you to struggle to pay your medical bills and lose income; the Walton Telken Foster law firm is here to help O’Fallon residents get all that they deserve in order to get their lives back on track and return to work.
We Will Help You Get the Workers Comp Benefits You Deserve in O’Fallon, Missouri
Experienced attorneys with Walton Telken Foster handle all elements of your claim for workers’ compensation, and regardless of whether you are filing an initial claim or an appeal in response to a previous denial of your claim, we are here to help you.
In O’Fallon, call our lawyers toll-free at (844) 307-7349 or visit our website to schedule your free initial consultation. You can talk to a knowledgeable attorney experienced in handling these sometimes complex workers’ comp cases; you can tell your story, and the attorney will provide advice regarding your rights and options. There is no obligation, and we will not get paid unless and until you do, so there is nothing to lose. Call today.