The law firm of Walton Telken is seeking a Legal Assistant whose job duties will include the following:
- Welcome guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
- Conserve attorney’s time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents initiating telecommunications; organizing client conferences, and attorney meetings; court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions.
- Maintain attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, depositions, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; and monitoring evidence-gathering.
- Assist attorney by collecting and organizing client information such as their employment status and records, and their medical history
- Compiling, verifying and categorizing data collected.
- Assist in all phases of the discovery process and trial preparation.
- All other tasks as directed.
Skills/Qualifications: Strong Organizational Skills, Documentation Skills, Meeting Planning, Telephone Skills, Office Experience – General, PC Proficiency, Verbal Communication, Internal Communications, Dependability, Professionalism, Client Relationships.
You may email your resume to SMason@schoenwalton.com or fax it to 618-274-8369 to the attention of Sarah Mason.