Stephen J. Telken
Stephen J. Telken specializes in handling serious bodily injury and wrongful death claims arising from dangerous products, dangerous premises, trucking/vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, and other acts of corporate and individual negligence.
Telken has devoted a significant amount of his practice to handling claims for injured railroad and river workers, under the Federal Employer’s Liability Act (FELA) and Jones Act. Telken has successfully litigated claims against the major railroads and barge/towing companies, resulting in substantial jury verdicts and sizeable settlements.
More recently, Telken has focused on medical malpractice, trucking accident, and chemical exposure claims on behalf of individuals, successfully resolving cases in various jurisdictions and venues. Throughout his career, Telken has fought zealously for the rights of his clients. He has been recognized by his peers as a Leading Lawyer.
When not working, Telken enjoys spending time with family and friends and attending his children’s athletic and school activities. Telken also serves on the Board of Directors of Caritas, a non-profit organization serving vulnerable children and families throughout Southern Illinois.
Telken earned his law degree (J.D.) and a Masters degree in Business Administration (M.B.A.) from St. Louis University. In 1991, he graduated from Rockhurst College, with a degree in Finance and Economics.
Telken is licensed in Missouri and Illinois as well as the federal courts in the Eastern District of Missouri and Southern District of Illinois. He appears in the state courts of Illinois, Missouri, and Indiana. Telken belongs to several professional organizations including the Missouri Bar, the Illinois Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association and the Missouri Trial Lawyers Association.
- Bar Admissions:
- Missouri, 1995
- Illinois, 1998
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri, 1995
Doctor of Jurisprudence and Masters in Business Administration
- Rockhurst University, Kansas City, Missouri, 1991
Bachelor of Arts, Finance and Economics
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Missouri Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- St. Clair County Bar Association
- Edwardsville Bar Association
- Bar Association of Missouri St. Louis (BAMSL)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
- Missouri Trial Lawyers Association (MATA)